MFOA's Technical Response to the Housing Supply Action Plan
In November 2018, the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing announced a consultation on increasing housing supply in Ontario. The consultation document asked for input on a number of key issues, including questions surrounding the relationship between development charges and housing supply.
Through a series of online forums with members and consultation with key stakeholders, MFOA has submitted a technical response. MFOA has also submitted a joint response with the Ontario Regional and Single-Tier Treasurers.
MFOA's position on development charges is that:
- Growth should pay for growth;
- There should be no ineligible services under the DCA;
- There should be no service “discounts”;
- Service levels should be forward looking and not based on historic service averages;
- There should be no new mandatory development charge exemptions.
For any questions about MFOA's technical response, please contact Shira Babins (email@example.com).
MFOA Infographic - Who Pays for Growth?
IMFG Paper - Development Charges in Ontario: Is Growth Paying for Growth? By Adam Found
See below for MFOA's submission on the Housing Supply Action Plan as well as submissions by various stakeholders.