Professional Development Committee
To assist MFOA in identifying the training and education needs of the membership and act as a focus group for MFOA when developing and updating training programs and conferences. MFOA is committed to offering high quality, relevant and timely training programs and events.
Goals and Responsibilities
The responsibilities required by the committee include;
Committee Membership: 12 total members, with representation from:
- Assisting in the design of MFOA’s Annual Conference program
- Identify the training needs of the membership – current and upcoming topics
- Suggest services, products or approaches to meet the training needs of the membership
- Review the success of prior education and training initiatives
- Advise and/or prepare a list of potential training initiatives to cover a three year planning period
- Undertake other education and training initiatives or projects that the Committee considers appropriate
- Municipal finance members, one MFOA board member, one provincial representative and one sponsor (chosen in rotation of the platinum sponsors).
- The Executive Director of MFOA and the Manager of Conferences & Training are members of the Committee.
- At its first meeting of the year, the Committee will choose a person to act as chair for the calendar year.
- Membership on the Committee shall last no less than 1 year, and no more than 4 consecutive years, based on the calendar year (as of November 25, 2015).
- MFOA appoints the committee members, as required, and will strive to have the committee to be representative of the MFOA membership (north/south, urban/rural, two tier/single tier, large/small, experienced manager/young professional)
- The committee shall schedule 1 meeting every two months (more often as required)
- Most meetings will be held via conference call
- Members are expected to attend 80% of meetings in a year. Members who are unable to make this commitment will be asked to make room for others to contribute
- MFOA acts as the secretariat of the committee
- The committee will be responsible to report items and/or documents back to the Board, as required
- Donna Herridge, City of Mississauga, will chair the Committee.
Donna Herridge, CPA, CA
Manager, Financial Planning and Policy
City of Mississauga
Tiffany Farrell, CPA, CA
Municipality of Dutton/Dunwich
Raye Ann Comeau, CGA
Supervisor, Financial Reporting
The Regional Municipality of Halton
Julie Bouthillette, H.B. Comm
Municipality of French River
Commissioner of Corporate Services,
Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer
City of Waterloo
Ministry for Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
Elizabeth Ozga, P.Mgr, CGA
County of Simcoe
Municipal Finance Intern
County of Northumberland
Commissioner of Corporate Services and TreasurerCity of Cambridge
Directeur des finances, Director of Finance
Township of Russell
Sandy O'Reilly , CMA
Coordinator of Accounting
City of Burlington
Almos Tassonyi, Ph.D.
Adjunct Professor of Economics
Ryerson University Research Affiliate, Cities Centre, University of Toronto