AMP it Up Levels of Service Workshops are NOW AVAILABLE
AMP it Up 1.0 and 2.0
MFOA applied to the Province for funds to assist MFOA in delivering resources for expert assistance to aid Ontario municipalities with asset management planning. The Province and MFOA have provided funding continuing to March 31, 2021.
The objective is to help municipalities progress with their asset management planning. AMP It Up 1.0 provided assistance to 93 municipalities and AMP it Up 2.0 is providing assistance to 195 additional municipalities with a population size under 25,000 across all regions in Ontario. MFOA engaged consulting teams that deliver in-person expert asset management plan assessments to help municipalities evaluate their plans and to develop localized Municipal Action Plans to improve them.
Section 5 of Ontario Reg. 588/17 under the Infrastructure For Jobs And Prosperity Act, 2015 prescribes that:
“Asset management plans, current levels of service
How is MFOA going to help?
5. (1) Every municipality shall prepare an asset management plan in respect of its core municipal infrastructure assets by July 1, 2021 …
(2) 1. For each asset category, the current levels of service being provided …”
MFOA and MOI have provided funds to assist MFOA in delivering resources for expert assistance to aid Ontario municipalities with asset management planning.
What’s happening now?
- MFOA is providing group Workshops targeted to Levels of Service to enable municipalities to prepare to meet Section 5.2(1) of the Asset Management Regulation O.Reg 588/17..
- The Workshops will be made available to all municipalities in Ontario.
- All workshops are presented online. There are no in-person workshops.
Workshops are now available for registration. There is a flyer for each consultant’s workshop so you can choose the workshop that is right for you. The Workshops are scheduled for November to March 2021. Don’t miss out. Register today